Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default A very senior moment...

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 20:47:58 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 04/08/2010 20:29, geoff wrote:
In message , Mark
writes
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 00:00:17 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , John
Rumm writes

To be fair, it often does not need to go as far as speaking to a rep -
usually a reactivation via touch tone fone will fix it on a motherboard
upgrade - especially if the original has been activated for some time.

Ploughman killed my PC by proxy

It died last night from dodgy caps

Bought a new mbd today and it decided I needed to reactivate windows

... which I did over the internet - quite straightforward and painless

Even better to get a copy of XP that does not need activation.

What copy would that be then ?

I wanted to maintain my installation and settings, not do a complete
install

Ones on a hacked corporate key...

I was waiting for him to say that

My copy is legit.