Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:33:04 -0400, wrote:

1) Can I, in good conscience, use traditional "paper joint tape
"through-out my project, or should I be using fiberglass tape at butted
joints and wider joints?

Use fg tape only on flat, vertical, horizontal, butt, or corner joints
and paper on all others.

I've decided "Stanley's Complete Drywall" book didn't really help me
very much at all. In retrospect, I probably should have bought a book
on "finishing".

See? I posted a title and you didn't even look at it.
http://fwd4.me/Lvk

Larry, You REALLY DID motivate me to buy a book.
I didn't think I needed a finishing book until after I finished reading
it! ;; ))

I got my $13-worth out of Stanley's book, but I'll bet the book you
suggested was better. Stanley's book was sitting right there at Menards
with the drywall tools... Location, location, location.

Now, as Yogi Berra might say, I'm ready to start but I'm not ready to
start...

Oh, you're just being a Bill.snicker

I got my mud and my bucket and it's 90+ degrees...It will be like a day
at the beach! But it won't be too cool if it's too hot.

I gotta give up on the duck commercials...