Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

1) Can I, in good conscience, use traditional "paper joint tape
"through-out my project, or should I be using fiberglass tape at butted
joints and wider joints?

I've decided "Stanley's Complete Drywall" book didn't really help me
very much at all. In retrospect, I probably should have bought a book
on "finishing".

2) One place I looked today online suggested leaving plenty of space,
and using angled cuts between butted drywall ends, and even using
fiberglass joint tape too add more strength. Stanley's book didn't
discuss any of these issues. The butted ends of my drywall are pretty
close and I was contemplating whether to chip away at them with
box-cutter and whether to use fiberglass joint tape on them.

Now, as Yogi Berra might say, I'm ready to start but I'm not ready to
start...

Bill