Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Dishwasher power gone???

On 8/15/2010 1:20 AM, Bob wrote:
On 8/14/2010 14:23, bobmct wrote:
I have a Kenmore Elite DW and today is has no power. I checked the
breaker for its dedicated circuit and it was not tripped. I reset it
anyway. There were no other breakers tripped.

I thought before I start digging into this I might ask here if anyone
knows where on this machine I should start looking?

Many dishwashers have a switch that cuts all power if the door is not
completely closed. If that's OK, the next place to check is the power
actually getting to the dishwasher. Many installations use a cord and
plug to a receptacle under the sink or in an adjacent cabinet.

I'd take Bob's advice, except check power first. The switch is
hidden, and like all things mechanical can break. Some devices like
Microwaves have multiple interlocks, I doubt this is necessary on a
dishwasher.

It's usually a good idea to check Google first:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kenmore+Elite+No+Power

Jeff
(who at one time or another has fixed all my appliances)