Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30661 Ignoramus30661 is offline

Default A joyous occasion (was: Bought a USB joypad at a garage sale)

On 2010-08-15, Gunner Asch wrote:
wrote:
Bought a new Saitek P880 joypad at a garage sale ($2).
Looks like this
http://ef.algebra.com/e/220652673897

Trackballs work very very well as a jog controller. Just a heads up....

I am overjoyed to report, that this joypad is working really well,
after some bumbling and stupid mistakes due to not following manuals.

This is much better than just a trackpad. I control X, Y and Z. I also
have about 8 buttons that I can program to do whatever I want.

Right now I have two buttons for SPINDLE START and SPINDLE STOP
working. In addition, I have a CYCLE PAUSE and CYCLE RESUME buttons
already working.

This is really, really tremendous and amazing what I get for $2 on a
nice Saturday of August. Just $2 and three hours of typing stuff and I
have a nice milling control pad. These devices cost about $10
everywhere else, which is negligible for the value that they bring.