Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bought a USB joypad at a garage sale

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:47:35 -0500, Ignoramus30661
wrote:

Bought a new Saitek P880 joypad at a garage sale ($2).

Looks like this

http://ef.algebra.com/e/220652673897

Ordinarily it would not be metalworking related, but I will put it on
my Bridgeport mill.

This guy here posted his configs using the same Saitek joypad on his mill:

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?...ds_With_E MC2

I also removed and threw out a lot of unused wiring from the mill, it
makes the cabinet look a little more user friendly inside. Still some
left, going from pendant to the cabinet.

Trackballs work very very well as a jog controller. Just a heads up....

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9