Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher power gone???

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 17:50:48 -0400, mm wrote:

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:41:06 -0500, "
wrote:

Switch in the kitchen that apparently does nothing? We have one of those,
next to the disposer switch.

LOL.

We had a switch in the front hall that apparently did nothing. Turned
out, it did nothing. It was there in case we put in a light pole at
the end of the driveway. I think connecting the wire would have
requred going into the crawl space, which was all mud whenever I
looked.

We have another switch in the kitchen and one in the dining room that do
nothing. The one in the kitchen was there for "nook" lights in the wall
between the kitchen and a bedroom (dumb-assed place to put a bedroom). We had
the builder knock the wall down and make the stupid bedroom into a dining
room. The switch in the dining room was for the ceiling fan, something not
really wanted in a formal dining room. ;-)