Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default T/S Inertia

"Mike Marlow" wrote

As does the right portable GFIC device.

What is a "GFIC device"? Most GFCI devices do not reset with a power
failure.

Yes I meant to type GFCI, but fumbled.

Most garden variety GFCI do not have to be reset manually after a power
failure. Some manufacturers have designed the circuit so that they have to
be manually reset when the power is withdrawn from the device. I don't know
which brands, but if you read up on it a little bit, you will see that is
the case.

That could be the reason why the garden variety automatic resetting ones
that most people have in their garages and kitchens and bathrooms cost about
12 bucks, but the ones meant for use in construction as a restart protection
device cost about 36 bucks.

Think about it. That is just a little microchip in those things. You can
program them to behave any way you want to. Since they do not make as many
for restart protection, they will cost more because of volume of production.
Plus the fact that if you need them for passing OSHA inspection, you need
them and will pay the premium price.

I do agree with you to a point. Most GFCI do not have to be reset when the
power is interrupted. If it has to be reset, it will usually plainly state
that fact in the documentation for the device. I found about 3
manufacturers that stated they have to be reset after power interruption
while I was searching for them a day or two ago.

Don't trust my word for it, though. Spend an hour or two searching for
them. They are out there.

Word.
--
Jim in NC