Bay Area Dave

Default Delta mobile base?

I agree. The first ones I built I used poplar. I switched to maple and
it makes for less flexing with heavy equipment of around 200+ lbs. For
something light like a miter saw or 13" planer, poplar is MORE than
adequate.

dave

V.E. Dorn wrote:

I have two - they are Delta and were $50 each. They are more money but they
do the job well. They say they will support 300 lbs but if you plan to lift
something that heavy, be sure you use the hardwood like they say. I use
them for things lighter than that and am getting by with pine. The rep also
told me that if you wanted to use 1 1/2 tube steel, you disregard the weight
limit.

Don

NoNameAtAll wrote in message

Mobile bases are awfully expensive, but Harbor Freight used to sell one

for

less than $20 that came with a few metal pieces and then required you to

supply

some wood to complete it and customize the size. Unfortunately it doesn't

look

like HF offers this thing any longer. However, I was at a friend's house

and

noticed that he has a bunch of Delta mobile bases that look almost

identical to

the old HF ones. He received them as a gift and didn't know where they

were

purchased. Has anyone else seen these? It sounds like a great way to save

some

money and still get the mobility I need for a couple large power tools in

my

shop.