Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default OT? Amenities in homes

On Aug 13, 1:20*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
"Nonnymus" wrote in message

What amenities, features and the like do you find in your own area of the
country, such as the above?

What some people call "amenities" often look like "fads" to my wife and I..
We've looked at some new homes and remodeled homes where we both saw
features we predicted would look hopelessly dated in not too many years.
And frankly some currently popular features don't appeal to us even if
they're still fashionable, e.g. granite countertops. *To each his own of
course, but fashion is a fickle mistress.

Some do, I suppose to everyone. I'm not so thrilled with painted
trim, arches, or rounded drywall corners. OTOH, SWMBO loves her
granite counter tops and would never have anything else, now (well,
perhaps quartz). They're great for baking. Wood floors are another
"fad" that's back "in".