Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Gripe about sillycone toobs.

On 08/13/2010 09:05 AM, Robatoy wrote:
There was a time that one could use a part of a tube, then store it.
When attempting to re-use, one could unscrew the tip, clear it out and
use the rest of the tube. Now I can't even find a tube of silicon with
a removable tip.
Does anybody have any tricks to store those things for re-use?

Throw away those stupid tips and and caps plugs and whatever else. Keep a roll of good
quality clear packing tape nearby. When it's time to seal the tube, tear off a 2" section
of packing tape, wrap it around the nozzle and mate the adhesive surface back together on
itself, and snug it all up tight so it makes an airtight seal. Best friggin' method I've
ever used for resealing tubes of almost any gooey caulky material.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.