Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Really instant start starters for fluorescent tube lamps?

In article ,
Sidney Endon-Lee writes:
Tabby wrote:

Dont forget you can run small linear tubes on CFL ballasts too, ie
18/20w.

NT

Ooh - now that's a thought - the fluorescent fittings in question are
all small linear tubes - in this case 15W (five of 'em, in various
rooms. I guess the previous owner got a job-lot or something). Some
hardware hacking needed, methinks.

http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/lights/diy/

However, nowadays I use ballasts, such as the Philips Matchbox range.

http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/lights/diy2/

--
Andrew Gabriel