Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default unintended consequences

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:11:33 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 04:39:19 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:37:44 -0400, John Husvar
snipped to get to the point

As Ive mentioned before..the American Revolution was fought by 10% of
the colonials. 10% of the People today is 30 million people. Half of
them own arms, the vast majority are well versed in which end goes bang.

Gunner, if only 10% of that 10% (a lousy 3 million) would show up and fall in in
their local parking lots, under arms, as a show of solidarity, not a single shot
would have to be fired.

The Revolution could be won in a single afternoon.
You'd have every politician in the whole world paying attention.
(and shaking in his patent leather shoes).
(and counting Votes needed for reelection)

That's the part about being organized.
Not a bunch of whiny individuals hiding out by themselves.

But an ORGANIZED MILITIA.

It cant be an organized militia. Check US Code 10

it has to be an Unorganized militia

Now, let me see if I've got this right.
We can organize because it's against the law.

Actually..its not against the law. Its quite legal and Constitutionally
mandated.

But we can kill government officials - because we want to?

Help me here....

http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs...rien/blood.htm

The [ ] ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model
into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at
length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the
ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more
wonderful, we have believed them ourselves.

Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in
the single instance of Massachusetts? And can history produce an
instance of rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's
motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we
should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be
all, & always well informed.

The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the
importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under
such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the
public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has
been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half
for each state

.. What country before ever existed a century & a half without a
rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers
are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit
of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to
facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century
or two?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood
of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson, November 17, 1787

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9