Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Core Memory

"flipper" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:49:12 -0500, Dan wrote:

I have this core memory brick for which I want to find a good home.
I have no idea what it came out of. I have had it for 40 years and doubt
I ever knew.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Oh my, that is an oldie.

The core memory I've got is planar on a PCB.

The one I have/had is/was a PCB a bit more than a foot square with thousands
of tiny ferrite rings suspended by a matrix of wires and a third wire that
zig-zagged through every core.

It either got shoved behind the book shelf in the beddroom or slung out - I
can't remember which.