Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default unintended consequences

cavelamb on Thu, 12 Aug 2010 04:39:19 -0500
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:37:44 -0400, John Husvar

snipped to get to the point

As Ive mentioned before..the American Revolution was fought by 10% of
the colonials. 10% of the People today is 30 million people. Half of
them own arms, the vast majority are well versed in which end goes bang

Gunner, if only 10% of that 10% (a lousy 3 million) would show up and fall in in
their local parking lots, under arms, as a show of solidarity, not a single shot
would have to be fired.

Uh-huh. Who is the first to sign the loyalty oaths? Traitors and
Superpatriots...

Who's first at the anti-government rally? Traitors and
Superpatriots. Only the later are often called "agents in place".

The Revolution could be won in a single afternoon.
You'd have every politician in the whole world paying attention.
(and shaking in his patent leather shoes).
(and counting Votes needed for reelection)

That's the part about being organized.
Not a bunch of whiny individuals hiding out by themselves.

But an ORGANIZED MILITIA.

Do it again the next weekend, I'd expect the entire 30 million would be there.
Heck, even I'D show up!

Gar-roan-teed!

Now, you might be wondering, "Why you didn't I think of that".

Or you might be thinking, "What fun would that be"?

But the one thing you'd never think is, "Let's Do It!"

Respectfully,

Richard

--
pyotr filipivich