parish

Default New Houses - any good?

IMM wrote:

"Martin Angove" wrote in message

If you can't build it that big then it is no more than a glorified
garden shed filled with lawnmowers and bikes, so why not build it so
that it is accessible from the garden and come clean that that is what
it is?

Builders I'm sure know this and do give access to the garden.

I dunno. I've yet to come across a garage which is as usefully close to
the garden as it is to the "driveway". Integral garages usually seem to
have a utility room between them and the garden when what you really
need is a door directly into the garden so that you can get the
lawnmower out without too much hassle. Separate garages are usually just
too far away to be useful as garden stores - most developers seem to
put them in front of the house if possible.

Most new houses I have seen (depending on plot of course) tend to have the
driveway at the side of the house and the garage behind with the garage
having a door to the garden.

Lawnmowers and garden tools are best in an insulated shed.

That's a point; this is the first integral garage that I've had and
tools etc. don't go rusty anymore (and it's not too cold to work in
there in winter).

---