Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default unintended consequences

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 04:39:19 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:37:44 -0400, John Husvar

snipped to get to the point

As Ive mentioned before..the American Revolution was fought by 10% of
the colonials. 10% of the People today is 30 million people. Half of
them own arms, the vast majority are well versed in which end goes bang.

Gunner, if only 10% of that 10% (a lousy 3 million) would show up and fall in in
their local parking lots, under arms, as a show of solidarity, not a single shot
would have to be fired.

The Revolution could be won in a single afternoon.
You'd have every politician in the whole world paying attention.
(and shaking in his patent leather shoes).
(and counting Votes needed for reelection)

That's the part about being organized.
Not a bunch of whiny individuals hiding out by themselves.

But an ORGANIZED MILITIA.

It cant be an organized militia. Check US Code 10

it has to be an Unorganized militia

Do it again the next weekend, I'd expect the entire 30 million would be there.
Heck, even I'D show up!

Gar-roan-teed!

Now, you might be wondering, "Why you didn't I think of that".

Or you might be thinking, "What fun would that be"?

But the one thing you'd never think is, "Let's Do It!"

You think you know me that well? We have never met.

Ive got bullet holes in my hide older than you.

Respectfully,

Richard

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9