Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Pandy Andy Pandy is offline

Default Initial/Chubb burglar alarm engineer code

"Jim K" wrote in message
On 11 Aug, 19:15, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

JimK knows who you are but I do not. It may or make a
difference regarding me giving you the Initial master code.

eh? No I never heard of any of all 3 of 'em ;)

Just found it a bit odd that someone starts posting form a "new"
(yet
allegedly valid) email addy asking burglar alarm security questions
on
2 groups and using at least 2 names in 3 posts....call me
shushpicious
if need be....

Well perhaps you're right to be suspicious. These are my usual posting
details - I used my friend's name/email in case anyone preferred to
email the details rather than potentially get into trouble by posting
on a public forum.

But then I'm still an anonymous stranger on usenet (after all anyone
could use the posting details I'm using now, or those of any poster),
if there's a security risk in giving out the engineer code then don't
do it - he has other options and I've had lots of good advice. But
AIUI the engineer code is for maintenance of the system and can't be
used to unset the system - you can only get into engineer programming
if the system is unset with the user code first.

--
Andy