Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default OT? Amenities in homes

On Aug 11, 6:37*pm, "Leon" wrote:

Currently My wife and I are preparing to build a new home. *Certainly not
high end but it will most likely have most of what you have mentioned. *I
suppose it is all relative as a for instance your mention of 10' ceilings
being in lower custom homes. *Our 30 year old "starter home" has 10 foot
ceilings. *Rounded corner sheet rock has been the norm in all new
construction for 15 + years. *Hard wood trim is common but typically a
marginal up grade. * What is a Pot Shelf? *Skupltured/stepped ceilings and
crown molding are available in starter homes. *Fancy front doors are common.
Starting to see fire places offered in the back yard patio. *Granite is
common place and a 3 car garage is becoming a common neighborhoow sighting
for homes in new neighborhoods. *Our new home will have a 3 car garage.

At the moment the home we are most interested in and appointed the way we
want will have, 10" ceilings, Island kitchen, extra study room, 3 bedrooms,
formal dining, breakfast nook, 3 car garage, brick 3 sides, extral high roof
line, tile in all rooms except bedrooms, oval tub and seperate shower,
remote controlled fire place, radient barrier decking, double pained low-e
windows, Cat 5 media wiring to name the most obvious and just under 2100 sq.
ft. single story. *$148K.

I'm assuming that that $148K is for the house built on your lot,
right?
This is what $140K gets you around he
http://www.redfin.com/NY/Elmont/1485.../home/20469891
Around here meaning about ten miles away - closest I could find, and
not exactly what you'd call a good area, but at least it includes all
1/8 acre!

This one really hurts:
http://www.redfin.com/NY/Huntington-.../home/21092286
It's on the market for less than half of what it sold for four years
ago. This one's about 15 miles away.