Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Morgans wrote:

Emphasis here on the least possible strokes over the surface as possible.
If you fuss over it, going over and over and over again, you will only make
it worse.

Put it on with as many strokes as needed to cover it while leaving extra for
the smoothing strokes, smooth it and take off the extra with one stroke, or
possibly two, then BE DONE! More will make it worse. Trust me on that
point.

I worked with joint compound about 30 years ago, and I remember what you
said above better than anything!

Also, never return compound to your tray or tub while
doing the smoothing. You will be putting hard globs back in your tub that
you want to get rid of.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Are you posting in plain text?

I think so--"Western ISO-8859-1". Please let me know if I need to
change this. I started using the "SeaMonkey" client a few weeks ago.

Thank you for all of your suggestions! It's still been too hot to
finish the drywall--95 and humid!

Bill