Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default What is the exact tap & die size for a USA garden hose thread (it's not NH)

Good machined solid brass are available:
http://www.tamparubber.com/product_pages/coupgard.htm

Go to any hydraulic hose repair shop, they often have the fittings
or make up garden hose sections from high quality air hose
material. They even survive getting driven over.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Brent" wrote in
message ...
From a prior thread, it appears that taps and dies do exist for
standard
USA garden hose thread; but one needs to know the exact size of
the GHT
which seems to be an openly held secret.

Can we confirm what the typical USA garden hose thread tap and
die size
would be?

According to research, it's NOT National Hose (NH) thread;
although it's
similar, it's Garden Hose Thread (GHT).

The best I can find that describes GHT is this obscure Yahoo
reference:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1022106AAKkLuz

If that's right, the tap and die size for GHT would be:
O.D. 1.0625 at 11.5 threads per inch

But, does anyone truly know what GHT taps and die sizes are
(and where we can get a real GHT tap and die set)?