Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living
woodworker88 woodworker88 is offline

Default What is the exact tap & die size for a USA garden hose thread(it's not NH)

On Aug 11, 1:03*am, "Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote:

Not always. There are machined brass ends available---but rarely *(if ever)
found on cheap hoses.
I have machined brass ends on many of my hoses (I am a retired machinist---I
know the difference).

Harold

Machined maybe, but not with a tap. More than likely they're either a
cut on a CNC lathe or thread milled or whirled on a dedicated machine.