Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sidney Endon-Lee Sidney Endon-Lee is offline

Default Really instant start starters for fluorescent tube lamps?

Hi all,

I've searched the group on Google groups and found two relevant
threads:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....7b3362e020eec1

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....72693b3c1ae1ca

In one of them the starters from Tabelek are recommended.

http://www.tabelek.co.uk/product-300...be-starter.asp

Does that recommendation still hold?

I'm after starters that don't either (a) wait an interminable interval
before deigning to start up the lamp or (b) go
blink...blink...blink...blinkety-ahah!

I've been using standard Osram ST111s, and even with a new starter and
a new tube, the behaviour is generally (b).

Personally, I like the light to come on in a reasonably short period
after I've flicked the lightswitch, and not try and give me an
epileptic seizure while doing so.

The alternative is wiring in an electronic hf ballast - is this Part P
covered? If not, any recommendations on that score, and gotchas and
things to avoid?

Thanks,

Sid