Posted to alt.home.repair
millinghill millinghill is offline

Default Right way to wire a generator tranfser switch?

Do it just as it shows in the documentation that comes with the U.L. listed
transfer switch, and you will be Nec *compliant

Thanks, RBM.
However, consider the comment "Codes vary in this regard. Some, like
ours, allow twist connectors in the main panel, while others may
require that you pull all disconnected circuit cables from the main
panel and route them into the side panel, via junction boxes." in the
website (http://www.green-trust.org/generator/genny_install.htm )
posted in previous reply by Jay Hanig above. Do you have an opinion
on this, and on where I would I ask to find out more? Location is New
York State.