Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Are BOX fans dangerous????

On Aug 9, 7:21*am, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

I wonder how those 243 incidens compare with other hazards such
kitchen fires started by leaving stuff on the stove, *other small
electrical appliances, etc.
From what I am seeing the "Oh My God! *Get rid of yur box fan!" crap
is a tempest in a tea pot.
Harry K

You can read about it hehttp://www.nfpa.org/assets/files//PD...gfactsheet.pdf

About 500 deaths from kitchen fires per year and 4600 injuries and $ 756
million in property damage.

Guess we will quit cooking and eat out. *Oops can not do that because of
death by automobile. *Just quit eating. *Sure hope that death rate is lower.

Time we eliminate _everything_ that has caused a few deaths in the
house it will be nothing but a bare concrete slab...oops can't use
that either. people have died pouring it.

There is paranoia and then there is outright idiocy - case in point
'box fan'

Harry K