Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default It Begins

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 22:09:01 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 20:03:37 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 18:20:29 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:23:19 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Wes wrote:

Conscience wrote:

Target, sure, but I still won't shop at Walmart.

I haven't forgiven Target for driving off the Salvation Army at Christmas. Shoppers vote
with dollars.

I reward companies for not supporting cults, and the SA most certainly
meets all the definitions of a cult.

how so? Im quite curious about how you arrived at that.

A couple starters, you can readily find more if you look...

- They wear military style uniforms in their cult.

So do the boy scouts.

I aint' too fond of them either.

- They forbid their members to marry outside their cult and will kick
members out if they do.

Really? Cites?

Yes, really. Not sure on convenient cites, but they made the local TV
news here a year or two over that very issue with one of their members
in an area branch who married outside the cult and was being kicked out.
The coverage included interviews with their leadership confirming and
trying to downplay the issue, so it wasn't a case of a denied
accusation.

Salvation Army is a cult....????

Odd..Ive been associated with it several times over the years, both from
a buyer of goods, to a donater of services. I dont recall anything like
you are claiming.

I installed a fire alarm system (gratis) to a SA "hostel" a number of
years ago, among other things.

Interesting that you think that way.

Look at Don's link, it provides confirmation of what I indicated.

Please point out the parts of the indicated link that shows its a cult.

If you can't see that it's a cult from the evidence, you just don't want
to see it.