Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Are BOX fans dangerous????

On Aug 9, 9:28*am, Ron wrote:
On Aug 9, 12:14*am, Harry K wrote:

On Aug 8, 7:25*pm, Ron wrote:

On Aug 8, 8:03*pm, Teredo wrote:

On 2010-08-08, jimmy wrote:

I recently *had a conversation with an insurance adjuster who told me
one of the causes of fires in a home are these box fans...do you have
any info regarding this??

He's a lying sack of sh*t!

Tell that to the mobile home that I was renting back in the early 80's
that burnt to the ground after I left a box fan running while I was at
the grocery store.

So you don't use a box fan now?

Nope. Ceiling fans.

Which just stir inside air.

Harry K

Ever heard of wind chill?- Hide quoted text -

Yep, I use it all summer long. Turn on the furnace fan and let it run
keeps the AC from kicking in for hours. Much more effective than my
ceiling fan. Then the 20" box fan blowing down the hall sucks in the
evening cool air.

Harry K