Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Brad nailer - 18 ga. big enough?

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:47:49 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

On 8/9/2010 10:09 AM, Steve B wrote:
"J. wrote in message
On 8/9/2010 12:35 AM, Steve B wrote:
"Larry wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 19:32:37 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Afterthought, after reading other posts: Buy a brand name like Porter
Cable, DeWalt, etc. Avoid HF and the like. In the long run, you will
be
thankful.

See refutation in my other post. HF rules. No problems.

The only problem I've encountered with the nailers is that they dont'
want to work at under 55psi. I'm willing to bet that most other
brands won't, either, so it's not a real problem.

If you like ****, buy it, and use it. I've got no problem with that.
Some
day you'll work up to quality tools.

If you're making your living with a nailer then perhaps there's some
noticeable difference between the expensive brands and Harbor Freight, but
for the average hobbyist or homeowner Harbor Freight air tools work fine.

Do you actually own a Harbor Freight nailer or are you trying to justify
your own overspending?

I have several HF products, and they are marginal because they don't last as
long as brand names.

Is any of them an air nailer?

They work, but they don't last, or the mechanisms
become sloppy.

After how many cycles?

And if that's the case, he could buy 3 and sell them for $10 each (or
donate them somewhere) when they slop out. He's still below the
name-brand price tag. 3ea HF nailers and 3ea 5k boxes of nails cost
less than a single Bostich or PC nailer.