Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Brad nailer - 18 ga. big enough?

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 21:35:26 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 19:32:37 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Afterthought, after reading other posts: Buy a brand name like Porter
Cable, DeWalt, etc. Avoid HF and the like. In the long run, you will be
thankful.

See refutation in my other post. HF rules. No problems.

The only problem I've encountered with the nailers is that they dont'
want to work at under 55psi. I'm willing to bet that most other
brands won't, either, so it's not a real problem.

If you like ****, buy it, and use it. I've got no problem with that. Some
day you'll work up to quality tools.

Poor Steve. You just don't realize that -most- tools, including all
your pricy name-branded schtuff, are made in China _anyway_, and are
then priced 4x up for the name-brand. If you want to waste your money
for a label, go right ahead. Some day you'll wise up.

For daily/critical tools, I buy known better products, such as the
Bosch and Makita impactors. For the rest, I buy decent tools for a
lot less money and they work flawlessly for me.