Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It Begins

On 2010-08-10, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 18:20:29 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:23:19 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

[ ... ]

I reward companies for not supporting cults, and the SA most certainly
meets all the definitions of a cult.

how so? Im quite curious about how you arrived at that.

A couple starters, you can readily find more if you look...

[ ... ]

- They forbid their members to marry outside their cult and will kick
members out if they do.

Really? Cites?

It triggered my curiosity, so a quick Google search on
'"Salvation Army" marriage policy' (the last word suggested by Google as
one of several choices) brings up this, which appears to be a Salvation
Army site and appears to at least partially support his claim:

http://www.usc.salvationarmy.org/usc/WWW_USC.nsf/vw-news/9EF6EB58374D2EA9862575160074F309?opendocument

sorry about the long URL.

Apparently -- it is only the "officers" who have this limitation on
marriage. The guys who play in the band are not so controlled.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564