Posted to rec.woodworking
allen476 allen476 is offline

Default Brad nailer - 18 ga. big enough?

On Aug 9, 12:35*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 19:32:37 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Afterthought, after reading other posts: *Buy a brand name like Porter
Cable, DeWalt, etc. *Avoid HF and the like. *In the long run, you will be
thankful.

See refutation in my other post. *HF rules. *No problems.

The only problem I've encountered with the nailers is that they dont'
want to work at under 55psi. *I'm willing to bet that most other
brands won't, either, so it's not a real problem.

If you like ****, buy it, and use it. *I've got no problem with that. *Some
day you'll work up to quality tools.

Steve

visit my blog athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Actually I have an HF Pin nailer and it works fine. I also have an off
brand 18ga. brad nailer and 1/4" crown stapler that I picked up on
clearance when Woodworkers Supply went out of business. The only
problem I have ever had with either of them is that the brads
sometimes jam when loading partial strips. Otherwise they have served
10+ years without a complaint.

Sometimes it isn't the tool, it is what you are using with it. I only
use Porter-Cable or Bostich brads, staples, or pins.

Allen