parish

Default New Houses - any good?

Martin Angove wrote:

In message ,
"IMM" wrote:

"Martin Angove" wrote in message

[small garages]

If you can't build it that big then it is no more than a glorified
garden shed filled with lawnmowers and bikes, so why not build it so
that it is accessible from the garden and come clean that that is what
it is?

Builders I'm sure know this and do give access to the garden.

I dunno. I've yet to come across a garage which is as usefully close to
the garden as it is to the "driveway". Integral garages usually seem to
have a utility room between them and the garden when what you really
need is a door directly into the garden so that you can get the
lawnmower out without too much hassle. Separate garages are usually just

ATM the back of my garage has a door straight into the garden which, as
you say, is handy for getting the lawnmower etc. out. However, the
extension that's about to go up will be across the back of the garage so
I'll lose that benefit (hence the need to retain the path down the side
of it). At least I will now have a door into the garage from the house
so I won't have to go outside in the middle of winter to reset the mcb
when a light bulb blows.

too far away to be useful as garden stores - most developers seem to
put them in front of the house if possible.

Hwyl!

M.