Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_6_] CW[_6_] is offline

Default T/S Inertia

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Aug 8, 8:09 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:

None of these saws have blade guards?

Sure. All new saws come with blade guards and the guards receive about as
much attention as the sixteen-page safety manuals that also accompany a
new
saw.

Like the safety manuals, the blade guards are included with a new saw for
the company's benefit, not the consumers'.

These are not mutually exclusive. The problem is that safety
equipment and ease of operation do seem to be mutually exclusive -
except for the SawStop. Then it's safety and affordability are
mutually exclusive. For now.

It's the same as seatbelts in a car. As a kid I used to bitch and
moan when my Mom would insist I put on the seatbelt. Then it became a
habit and I didn't even think about it. I'd be dead twice or thrice
over if it weren't for seatbelts

You must be a young guy. When I was a kid, they didn't have seat belts.