Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default T/S Inertia

In article ,
Mike Marlow wrote:
...snipped...
Nah - don't need sawstop for this need Leon. A simple brake is all that is
necessary. With all of the chop saws that come with brakes today, it really
should be no big deal for a table saw to have the same capability - it's
been around forever.

--

I agree with that: I've seen brake setups on industrial machinery powered
by 150 HP motors, geared down to about 30 RPM turning a roller that weighed