Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Universal Remote control , more universal mod?

On Aug 8, 4:46*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Am I on a hiding to nothing? trying to crack a device with unavailable
remote control, and no button functions to speak of.

Many universal remotes need to know what KIND of box
before the code search works. It helps to know the
corporate entity that built the box (for instance, TiVO
responds to Philips satellite converter box commands,
because some Philips satellite converters were TiVO
equipped). And some of my Apple computers responded
to (? Samsung or Goldstar) TV codes. It seems odd that TV
codes operated the FM radio in a desktop computer.