Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Universal Remote control , more universal mod?

Meat Plow wrote:

I could whistle at 2600hz and hang up the central opertator line. I made a
blue box for a friend but he got busted before he used it. He was a greek
with dual citizenship and had a girlfriend in Greece he would call using
a reel to reel tape with some prerecorded tones on it. He got the idea
from one of his greek buddies that was here visiting that built a working
blue box and recorded the tones and their sequences on tape. The box was
easy to build, all tin can 741 op amps on a self etched PC board. Problem
was tuning it, I was only 17 back then and had no way to tune it. Said
friend was set to take it to school electronics class and tune it when
the FBI hauled him off one early morning in his boxer shorts He was
deported back to Greece and lost his US citizenship.

Even 'Dr. Johnny Fever' knew not to mess with the Phone Cops! ;-)