Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default T/S Inertia

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"HeyBub" wrote

Some years ago, the federal government, in its infinite wisdom, and all
the while thinking of the children, mandated that washing machines come
to a complete stop in just a few seconds (like three).

It shouldn't be hard to transfer that technology to table saws.

They have. Toss a dirty sock into the blade and it stops faster than a
washing machine.

Dont count on it. I experimented with this several years ago using a
canvas/leather work glove. The blade left a clean kerf. There was the
notion that if you used gloves with a TS the blade could catch the glove and
pull your hand in. I do not recoment using a glove BTY but cloth and
leather cut much more easily than wood.