Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default T/S Inertia

"Josepi" wrote

After about the third or fourth dado slot I found the router bit came
right
up through the top (backside) of the piece.

Wasted piece of wood (made it shorter) but the lesson was a good one
learned. Nobody got hurt but I never (If I ever did?) put my hands over
top
of the router bit, anymore, no matter how thick the piece is. Pusher
sticks
and distance became paramount.

Yep, I have had the router bit getting loose, too. No scary moments,
though. I always teach that just like a gun not being ponted at anyone, to
body parts above spinny cutty things, ever.
--
Jim in NC