Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default T/S Inertia

On Aug 8, 11:36*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 8, 8:09*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

None of these saws have blade guards?

Sure. All new saws come with blade guards and the guards receive about as
much attention as the sixteen-page safety manuals that also accompany a new
saw.

Like the safety manuals, the blade guards are included with a new saw for
the company's benefit, not the consumers'.

These are not mutually exclusive. *The problem is that safety
equipment and ease of operation do seem to be mutually exclusive -
except for the SawStop. *Then it's safety and affordability are
mutually exclusive. *For now.

It's the same as seatbelts in a car. *As a kid I used to bitch and
moan when my Mom would insist I put on the seatbelt. *Then it became a
habit and I didn't even think about it. *I'd be dead twice or thrice
over if it weren't for seatbelts

Watch what happens if the SawStop technology is forced on high school
and smaller tech schools. Our high school just dropped the
woodworking program because the lawyer told them to add SawStop
technology or close the program. They had finally upgraded to a
couple of new Powermatics after nearly 30 years with now worn out
Unisaws. Couldn't afford to upgrade again so they sold the shop off.

RonB