Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default T/S Inertia

On Aug 7, 9:31*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
I have been taking a basic wood working at a local community college.

2) After shutting off, the PM66 required 20-30 seconds more to come to
a rest than either the General or Unisaw.

That is what got me about 10 years ago and it wasn't a PM66. If was
an old Craftsman contractor's saw that I used to own. Shut the switch
of and started to walk away with a handful of small spaces I had just
cut off. I looked over my shoulder and noticed one on the table next
to be blade. In a brain-dead moment I over-reached the blade and got
nicked, to the bone, on a fingertip. Even the clunky old Craftsman
was still spinning down.

Stupid but it sure taught a lesson.

RonB