Posted to rec.woodworking

Default T/S Inertia

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 07:09:17 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

None of these saws have blade guards?

Sure. All new saws come with blade guards and the guards receive about as
much attention as the sixteen-page safety manuals that also accompany a new
saw.

You mean the one that says that the saw is not for internal use?

Like the safety manuals, the blade guards are included with a new saw for
the company's benefit, not the consumers'.

I must be the odd-man-out here. I often use the blade guard. I'll put it on
if I plan on doing a lot of ripping and what I'm ripping isn't too narrow.
IOW, if the guard is more use than it is hindrance.