ws

Default Milwaukee Hammer Drill or regular cordless....

I got that same set last Summer. Used it to redo my deck, and have lots of
other future plans for it as well. Haven't used the hammer-drill option
yet, but I have no problem just having it in case I ever need it (have had
some thoughts on projects though ...). I had the same thought as you - buy
one set that'll last me until forever. Yes, the batteries will go
eventually, but they can be replaced by Milwaukee, or else (and there are
threads in the REC on this) I can have them redone by aftermarket battery
refurbishers.

The Milwaukee set, "Big Red", is fantastic. TONS of torque. Yeah, they're
on the heavy side, but I don't mind. I use my little Ryobi 12V when I'm
doing lots of overhead work.

You'll like this set. Amazon had the best price I could find last Summer,
by the way. Even used their price-match service and got another ~$30 off.
Don't remember who the other retailer was though ... sorry.

ws

"Sam" wrote in message
m...
Okay, I'm sort of clueless here....but I need a drill to just do some
general tasks around the house. Nothing large at least yet, but I
might as well just buy one drill and keep it for the rest of my life
(or at least 20 years).

After looking around the web I'd sort of decided to buy the Milwaukee
0622-24 18 Volt 1/2" Lok-Tor Driver/Drill Kit but then I realized that
for $10 more I could get the 0624 which appears to be identical except
for the "hammer" feature.

I don't think I have any reason for a hammer drill, but is it true
that the drill will be the same besides the hammer option?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Sam