Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G. Denis G. is offline

Default Pipe insulation...

On Aug 6, 1:35*pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
"Denis G." wrote in message

On Aug 6, 8:13 am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Awl --

You know the insulation you put on plumbing pipes, either soft black
squishy
stuff, or the lightweight hard white-ish/beige stuff, both split down the
side?

Is that stuff available *without* the split?
The use is not plumbing, btw, but rather cushioning, and at times under
some
force, so any split along the side is very dicey.

I know it's available from mfr's, but I haven't been able to find it
retail/locally.

If I have to go to a "house" and buy quantity, iny recommendations? And
what is the generic classification of what I'm looking for?
I believe it is "open cell" and "closed cell" *foam* tubing -- correct?
Any other names for this stuff?

--
EA

http://www.google.com/products?q=uns...&oe=&show=dd&s...

Nice!
Man, Graingers knows how to $hove it in, eh? *goodgawd....
--
EA- Hide quoted text -

If it were my project, I think that I might try gluing up the slitted
version. I'd dampen the foam a little and use Gorilla glue. It foams
up a bit as it is curing. I've fixed some sneakers with it (much to
my wife's chagrin).