Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default wheelie bins

On 6 Aug,
Tim Streater wrote:

Further, having bins means we can get rid of at least some of the garden
waste every other week. Try shoving *that* in plastic sacks.

Some people are lucky. We have clear plastic bags (so they can see if there's
anything not allowwed in them) for garden waste. Our neighbours' gardener
comes the day after they are taken, so we have a dozen or more rotting bags
on the pavement for13 days.

For tins and cans we have a (three actually) blue boxes, lidless things
attracting vermin.

For cardboard and plastic we have a (two) small white bags which fill in
about 3 days.

For paper we have another (blue) bag.

Anything else we have a wheely bin emptied weekly. all else gets emptied
fortnightly, on alternate weeks if we remember which week it is correctly.

Our utility room is full of recycling bags, we can't put them it else they'll
be raided by foxes, cats, dogs, rats, avian scroungers etc.

How I wish we had wheely bins for all!

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply