Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default wheelie bins

On 06/08/2010 14:48, John wrote:
wrote in message
I was idly watching the refuse collection this morning and one thing that
struck me was the amount of time it takes to empty just one of them. Take
the bin to the back of the wagon, hook it up and press the button for the
rise, wait for it to empty and then want for it to be dropped off again,
then return the bin to the edge of the property.

It was a far quicker process when everyone used bin bags. OK I know they
were subject to animals ripping them open, but most of that risk could
have been taken away by the use of an open top plastic box to drop the bin
bag in. One for each bag that was regularly put out for collection.

Dave

but that required manual handling with the risk of repetitive strain
injuries.

That didn't bother them before wheelie bins.

Dave