Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wheelie bins

In article ,
Dave writes:
I was idly watching the refuse collection this morning and one thing
that struck me was the amount of time it takes to empty just one of
them. Take the bin to the back of the wagon, hook it up and press the
button for the rise, wait for it to empty and then want for it to be
dropped off again, then return the bin to the edge of the property.

It was a far quicker process when everyone used bin bags. OK I know they
were subject to animals ripping them open, but most of that risk could
have been taken away by the use of an open top plastic box to drop the
bin bag in. One for each bag that was regularly put out for collection.

A neighbour uses a bin liner in their wheelie bin, and the
collection guys always just lift that out and leave the bin
where it is. They usually carry the bin liner to the next
wheelie bin in the road and drop it in (or on top).
I use carrier bags as kitchen bin liners. If I bother to
put my wheelie bin out with just 2 or 3 bags in the bottom,
likewise, they lift them out and carry them up the road.

So it looks like they agree with you.

--
Andrew Gabriel