Posted to uk.d-i-y
Enzo Enzo is offline

Default Removing ceramic tiles from Plasterboard walls?

I recently did my bathroom... Removed all tiles with a pain scraper. The
tiles came off easy, but, left the adhesive on the wall. The adhesive was
essentially flat, a few parts fell off, so i just skimmed in them holes to
bring to the level of the old tile adhesive.

Alternately, I could have spent a number of hours getting the adhesive off
the plaster.... I sort of had to just make sure the little raised parts
where the grout was a little higher was removed but that just took 10 mins.
I tiled over the old adhesive then with no problems.

I guess with the OP only having half tiled, not so easy, so, maybe remove
the adhesive too. Removing the plasterboard with the tiles all seems a
little overkill to me..!!

"Gareth" wrote in message
o.uk...

Does anyone have any tips for removing ceramic tiles from plasterboard
walls?

Thanks for any advice.

Gareth