Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sealed (really sealed) run capacitors?

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:44:46 -0500, "Pete C."

On 2010-08-05, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus16841 wrote:

Do you know of a local place that sells them? My local HVAC house
would not even talk to you unless you have a van and a ladder on top
of it.
I ran into that a while ago, but then I remembered I had an EPA "green
card" so I could buy Freon. That was all they needed to sell me a
really BIG run cap for a central air compressor, for about $7.00. I was
fully prepared to pay $50+ for such an item and was amazed at the low price.
So, that $19 green card paid for itself that day!

I wonder why they would not sell that stuff to just anyone.

For some reason, "union mentality" permeates the HVAC world.

Anyway, turns out the pump was just stuck.

Ha! I was right

Chuckle...so was I.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9