Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Sealed (really sealed) run capacitors?

On 2010-08-05, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus16841 wrote:

Do you know of a local place that sells them? My local HVAC house
would not even talk to you unless you have a van and a ladder on top
of it.

I ran into that a while ago, but then I remembered I had an EPA "green
card" so I could buy Freon. That was all they needed to sell me a
really BIG run cap for a central air compressor, for about $7.00. I was
fully prepared to pay $50+ for such an item and was amazed at the low price.
So, that $19 green card paid for itself that day!

I wonder why they would not sell that stuff to just anyone.

For some reason, "union mentality" permeates the HVAC world.

Anyway, turns out the pump was just stuck.

Ha! I was right