Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sealed (really sealed) run capacitors?

"Pete C." fired this volley in
ter.com:

These are run caps, so they are not electrolytic. If you know of a
place to get a pigtail run cap, let me know.

I expect most any electrical or HVAC supply place will have suitable
caps.

Ig... what is the nature of the connections? Is it opposite-ends
(axial), single-end (radial), single pigtail on one end with a bolt on
the other end, one axial pigtail with the case clamp as the other
connection? (wouldn't expect one of the last two on a motor, but you
never know)

And last -- if it is an axial with two leads, why couldn't you make up
your own pigtails for a quick-disconnect type?

There are lots of oil-filled film caps out there in several package
styles.

LLoyd